23.6.10

Someone To Blame


HOLD ON

They hung a sign up in our town 
"if you live it up, you won't 
Live it down" 
So, she left Marty Rio's son 
Just like a bullet leaves a gun 
With charcoal eyes and Monroe hips 
She went and took that California trip 
Well, the moon was gold, her 
Hair like wind 
She said don't look back just 
Come on Jim 
Oh you got to 
Hold on, Hold on 
You got to hold on 
Take my hand, I'm standing right here 
You gotta hold on. 
Well, he gave her a dimestore watch 
And a ring made from a spoon 
Everyone is looking for someone to blame 
But you share my bed, you share my name. 
Well, go ahead and call the cops 
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops 
She said baby, I still love you 
Sometimes there's nothin left to do 
Oh you got to 
Hold on, hold on 
You got to hold on 
Take my hand, I'm standing right here, you got to hold on…

– as sung by Tom Waits

No comments: