30.12.11

Its Joy – A Beginning, There In The Fire's Core


I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah…

~ from LCohen's Hallelujah

. . . . .

Music is my fleece,
its easeful sounds
emerge in this stillness,
enveloping my spirit 
as sorrows flee.

. . . . .

At times I feel as though I never fully grasp
the true meaning of music's eclectic measures,
like the text in half the books I own –
the narrative is extensive, but never fully read,
and therefore, never fully understood.

Music's expression is everywhere,
leaving hints of a larger truth, for some 
its pulse is buried deep, for others
its pulse is a freedom song that speaks
clear of life's raw reflection.

No comments: