2.5.13

Moved By The Wind



A precious flower

held out into the airy window of the world,

the eye of it eyeing me.

. . . . .

In its own way the body of it pantomimes the lift and thrust of a helicopter's propellor. Round and round the face of it easefully quickens like one's heart sometimes pleasantly races. For a split second the blades of it feel as if they might advance upwards to where the clouds have been painted over by a lovely sky blue. My body shivers with excitement because I too feel like I could be carried away, hovering above my world midst that sky awash with light. And – for the briefest of seconds, the pinwheel and I are gone… 

But then all too soon, from the opposite direction of its billowing sail I hear a voice that sounds like my mother's call. From over my shoulder I search out her shout that seems to be getting louder. The strain of it pulls me away from the movement of that fiery red form towards the image of home…

No comments: